Thursday, February 24, 2011

Grant Suspended Final Two Games of the Season

From Greg Auman and Adam Adkins - Senior center Porsche Grant has been suspended by Coach Jose Fernandez for the final two games of the regular season due to the obscene gestures she made as she was ejected from the Rutgers game last night.


The final two games are Saturday at Villanova and for senior night Monday as the Bulls host Georgetown.
Porsche Grant made this statement today about the suspension (from Adam Adkins - TBO)

“I want to apologize to my coaches, my teammates, the University of South Florida and the Big East Conference for my actions leaving the floor against Rutgers on Wednesday night,” Grant said in the statement. “Although the game was extremely hard played between both USF and Rutgers, and my frustration in having just fouled, this is no excuse for how I handled myself. This is not who I am as a person and I have to accept responsibilities for my actions.”

The loss of Grant for the final two games of the season will hurt the Bulls as they desperately try to get a win to end the season on a high note and try to get momentum heading into the Big East Tournament. Grant averages 6.9 points per game and 8.9 rebounds per game (had team high 10 rebounds at Rutgers).

This is a black eye for the program that has had a tough season. It has been frustrating for the Bulls, especially in this game after they led by 17 points only to fall apart at the end. The Bulls have led many games this season only to lose in the end and the frustration finally spilled out on the court last night in front of a crowd of over 2000. Grant will be able to return for the Big East tournament. Her presence on the court will be missed, but this type of action cannot be tolerated at any level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment