Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Big East Week 5 Picks

In is already week 5 in the football schedule (time to slow down already) and the Big East schedule is underway starting on Thursday. Mike took the overall lead again with a 28-3 record. I did better last weekend and am now 26-5 on the season. Jim had a tough week and went 24-7 (sorry for the tough games). Let's see how well we can do this week.



Thursday

USF at Pitt
Matt: Not going to say much here. USF needs to focus and will take care of business. Pick: USF
Mike: I think the reason USF played poorly against UTEP was because they spent the whole week watching Pitt game film. I don't think Sunseri will be a factor here, and the linebackers and D-line will be able to keep Ray Graham pretty quiet. I like USF to go 5-0.
Jim: The opening game in Big East play... Pitt is reeling from a 15-12 loss to Notre Dame (must be the High Octane Offense)... I'll let you guys take care of the particulars for this game. Pick: USF

Rutgers at Syracuse

Matt: Another ugly Big East game. Syracuse continues to get lucky at home and Rutgers is just not that good at all. I have to give the game to the Orange here just because Nassib is at home and should be able to take care of business here against the Snookis.
Mike: Nassib Sucks. Dodd sucks. Syracuse sucks. Rutgers sucks. This game sucks. I think the first ugly Big East game of the year will go to the Orange.
Jim: Syracuse. Last year, they couldn't win at home. This year, as Matt said, they get lucky at home. And, by lucky, I mean bad officiating.

Cincinnati at Miami (OH)
Matt: The Bearcat offense came to life against NC State, Collaros and Pead look strong. Miami is a slower MAC team that will try to get an upset here. I think Cincinnati is just too fast for Miami and will come away with a comfortable win.
Mike: Miami lost their last two games to Minnesota and Bowling Green. So yeah, I'm going with Cincy.
Jim: OK, so I learned my lesson about picking against Cincy. Well, then again, they are playing Big Ben's alma mater. Pick: Cincinnati.

Western Michigan at UCONN
Matt: I have learned not to pick against UCONN not matter how bad on offense they are. Western Michigan might make it a close game, but it won't be a win. Pick: UCONN
Mike: UPSET ALERT! Maybe I'm getting a little overly confident because of my lead in this race, but the Broncos almost upset a #24 Illinois team (who is pretty overrated in my opinion, for the record) last week. Illinois, overrated as they may be, is definitely better than Connecticut. It may not even be much of an upset after all, but I'm taking WMU.
Jim: Has UConn figured out their QB situation yet? Pick: UConn

Marshall at Louisville
Matt: The Cardinals are not that great, but their defense continues to play well and a game at home against the hapless Marshall team, Cards should win this. Pick: Louisville
Mike: I think Jim knows better than anyone that Marshall is horrible. Like even worse than Louisville. The Cards better instill some fear in MU this week because they'll probably be conference rivals this time next year. I'll take Louisville.
Jim: Marshall is indeed a hapless team. Pick: Louisville.

Bowling Green at WVU
Matt: WVU had a rough week facing LSU, but taking on a lower opponent in Bowling Green should get Smith and crew back on track. Pick: WVU
Mike: The stupid polls dropped West Virginia a bunch of spots for losing to the #2 team in the country. I still think they can potentially be a top 15 team. This will be a nice homecoming rebound for the hometown fans.
Jim: It's Homecoming in Morgantown, and WVU's looking to get back in the "W" column and climb the rankings. A nice win against BGSU won't get WVU FAR in the rankings, but every little bit helps. Pick: WVU

0 Comments:

Post a Comment