Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bulls Offer 2012 Tight End

Recruiting is always a hot topic and after the class of 2011, everyone is already scouting and working on the 2012 recruits. As I work full time, I can't simply leave work to head to a local high school to watch 17 year olds work out and practice, but when a rumor does surface or an offer is reported by a source, I will do my best to get the news to you.

Holtz has said that recruiting is not a year to year thing, he has to scout and work on a recruiting class years in advance, meaning he is looking at 2014 years already. While that is way too far ahead for me to work on as well, I will try to keep up with the offer rumors and news about the targets in the 2012 class whenever I do hear something interesting.

From Rivals - USF has offered Stone Mountain, Georgia tight end Joshua Parris in the class of 2012. Parris, 6'3" 230-pounds also has an offer from Virginia as well.

The Bulls continue to add talent and depth to all of their positions and tight end is a need for Holtz. With Andreas Shields, Jeff Hawkins injured, Chase Griffiths rarely used and new commit Ty Turner, the Bulls still need to add depth and skill to the position as they work to upgrade the position and help the offense grow as well.

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Matt, nice articles. Couple of suggestions: 1. Take yourself out of your writing. Saying that you work full time and can't get away or that you can't look that far ahead sounds like you're apologizing for something or that your blog is lacking somehow. Readers understand that reporters cover some things and miss some things. Just report/discuss what you can. 2. On twitter, you ask for comments here a lot. Sounds like you're begging. Just keep doing what you do and advertise it and you'll continue to get readers. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who read and don't comment much. Again, keep up the great work. Not a lot of people covering USF, you are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the honesty. It is true I won't be able to cover everything and so people don't respond or comment, something I would like to see more. I will continue to improve and report what I can, thanks again for reading and the constructive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the catch, having an off day on my roster info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed on the comment about twitter. Plus, sometimes double posting an article within the span of an hour on twitter. Just do work, and people will notice. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate the confidence, I do what I can.

    ReplyDelete