Thursday, October 20, 2011

Big East Week 8 Picks

Rutgers at Louisville
Matt: Rutgers continues to win, despite the starting Snookis going with a freshman at quarterback. Louisville may be at home, but the lack of offense will hurt them in the end. I have to go with Rutgers again, but I am not proud about picking them. Pick: Rutgers
Mike: It looks like the oddsmakers hate Rutgers as much as we do. Despite both teams heading in different directions, they have Louisville as a 2 point favorite at home. Louisville is desperate for a win, but I think Rutgers continues to roll toward bowl eligibility.
Jim: At the beginning of the season, I would have Louisville taking the victory over Slutgers here, but it seems that Louisville has a pitiful offense and just cannot get going. Meanwhile, Slutgers made a deal with the devil which has included a few wins. Pick: Rutgers

WVU at Syracuse
Matt: Syracuse is not a good team, coming back at home a few times and living on the edge. WVU torched UCONN the other week and has too much speed and firepower to lose this game. I am sure Jim will agree with me there. Pick: WVU
Mike: USF fans will be watching in hopes for a Syracuse upset to keep our slim Big East dreams alive, but they'll be disappointed to find that SU can absolutely not play defense. I'm picking West Virginia to win by four touchdowns.
Jim: WVU is coming off an "off week" and is primed and ready for Friday night Prime Time. And, yes Matt, I do agree... WVU has too much speed and firepower to lose to Syracuse. Plus, WVU owes 'Cuse for the Homecoming loss last year. Pick: WVU

Cincinnati at USF
Matt: I don't spend too much time here breaking down the game (that's what the site is for). USF wins this game, but too close for comfort. Pick: USF
Mike: I know, I know. If it were up to us, USF would go 13-0 with our picks. But I think USF does a good job preparing for Cincinnati's STARTING quarterbacks historically. The problem would be if Collaros got injured, because apparently that's what screws us. We're 4-0 in games I attend, so I feel good. USF is going to win, 28-24.
Jim: This one will be a barnburner, and, I hate to do this to my USF friends, but I think Butch Jones' squad gets the edge here. This game will shake up the Big East title picture. Pick: Cincinnati

0 Comments:

Post a Comment